Monday, October 30, 2017

A Loss of Motivation

This past week, I spent a ton of time in Minecraft.  I mined a bunch of things and spent about five hours crafting and building.  I was very proud of myself, and felt prepared.  Then, in class, all of our inventory was erased.  It's not like I can't remake it, and it's not like I lost anything real.  But I did lose the hours I put into being prepared.  It's interesting to me, because it's made me not want to have to repeat all of the things I had previously done, and I haven't wanted to go back in world.  I haven't been in Minecraft since class on Wednesday.  I'll pop in tonight to fight off monsters and hope to collect some items.  Perhaps my motivation will come back then, but it's interesting how losing things that I created, even virtually, caused an emotional reaction.  Probably all for the best, or I would've been sucked in and not spent the time I needed to somewhere else.  More thoughts to come after re-entering Minecraft tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Butterfly Emerges

I have always wanted to be a teacher, but found the classroom stifling, limiting, and frankly, very boring during my first two years of unde...