Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Death by Spider

Back in world, it was time to replenish my supplies. I left the safety of my cabin and took my rickity boat down the canal behind my homestead. My navigational skills proved lacking as I lost my boat to a hole of my own device. Swimming to the nearest shoreline, I quickly gathered mushrooms, collected some wood, and found a spot for mining coal. I had none, and it was getting dark. Unfortunately, I didn’t gather it quickly enough. The she-demon, all spindly, eight-legged, and venomous, preyed upon me while my back was turned. I fought valiantly, but my tools and skills were no match for my foe. I died; there was no one to weep for me. Reincarnated, I traveled home, collected my belongings and better prepared for future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Butterfly Emerges

I have always wanted to be a teacher, but found the classroom stifling, limiting, and frankly, very boring during my first two years of unde...