Monday, December 4, 2017

One month after my death by spider incident...

Well, I've been furiously building in both OpenSim and Minecraft.  I've been very, very pleased with my ever increasing building ability.  My only frustration currently, is that I had figured out how to put a script into my driver's ed car for our last presentation only to not be able to find that script for several things I need to do in this Campfire in Cyberspace build.  I even opened my car build up, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to view the script.  What on earth?

I have also learned how to manage my time better with an active toddler keeping me busy, and I have found collaboration on our final project to be exceptional.  If this is how professionals collaborate outside of school, I am no longer intimidated and I look forward to collaborative efforts in the future.  We each had strengths and weaknesses coming into the final project, yet together, we have been able to achieve something amazing.  I do not have the experience drafting papers and lesson plans like my other teammates do, and their work is so much richer than anything I could have done.  In turn, I have really found an area that I am blossoming in and that allows my creative side to pour out into an educational arena.  They both initially seemed hesitant to in their building ability, but have jumped right into the vision of our space, and have added greatly to it!  We could not have achieved this alone in this timeframe, and our excitement about the project has continued to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Butterfly Emerges

I have always wanted to be a teacher, but found the classroom stifling, limiting, and frankly, very boring during my first two years of unde...